UNFCCC documents relevant for REDD+
For ease of reference, the key decisions by the Conference of the Parties (COP) relevant for reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries (REDD+) have been compiled into a decision booklet on REDD+. The booklet contains all decisions adopted between COP 13 and COP 21, including the Warsaw Framework for REDD+.
Links to the individual decisions in their original format can be found on the UNFCCC website. The UNFCCC website further contains links to other relevant UNFCCC documents related to REDD+, such as reports on workshops and expert meetings, technical papers and miscellaneous documents with submissions of views from Parties.
The timing and the frequency of presentations of the summary of information on how all the safeguards referred to in decision 1/CP.16, appendix I, are being addressed and respected
The Conference of the Parties,
Recalling decisions 17/CP.8, 1/CP.16, 2/CP.17 and 12/CP.17,
Also recalling, in particular, decision 12/CP.17, paragraph 5,
1. Reiterates that according to decision 12/CP.17, paragraph 3, developing country Parties undertaking the activities referred to in decision 1/CP.16, paragraph 70, should provide a summary of information on how all of the safeguards referred to in decision 1/CP.16, appendix I, are being addressed and respected throughout the implementation of the activities;
2. Also reiterates that according to decision 12/CP.17, paragraph 4, the summary of information referred to in paragraph 1 above should be provided periodically and be included in national communications, or communication channels agreed by the Conference of the Parties;
3. Agrees that the summary of information referred to in paragraph 1 above could also be provided, on a voluntary basis, via the web platform on the UNFCCC website;1
4. Decides that developing country Parties should start providing the summary of information referred to in paragraph 1 above in their national communication or communication channel, including via the web platform of the UNFCCC, taking into account paragraph 3 above, after the start of the implementation of activities referred to in decision 1/CP.16, paragraph 70;
5. Also decides that the frequency of subsequent presentations of the summary of information as referred to in paragraph 2 above should be consistent with the provisions for submissions of national communications from Parties not included in Annex I to the Convention and, on a voluntary basis, via the web platform on the UNFCCC website.
10th plenary meeting
22 November 2013
* This decision forms part of the Warsaw Framework for REDD-plus. For more information, see document FCCC/CP/2013/10, paragraph 44.